Brainspotting is a powerful, focused treatment method that works by identifying, processing and releasing core neurophysiological sources of emotional/body pain, trauma, dissociation and a variety of other challenging symptoms. Brainspotting is a simultaneous form of diagnosis and treatment, enhanced with Biolateral sound, which is deep, direct, and powerful yet focused and containing.
This is a 3-day, inclusive, intermediate, specialty training consisting of didactical lecture, demonstrations, practicums, activities around grounding/resourcing and community building with intentionality for Brainspotting practitioners who have completed Phase 1 OR Phase 2 training in-person or live/online training. Brainspotting The training is inclusive to mean all persons in the Brainspotting community are welcomed. This is not a BIPOC event!
Brainspotting: Intersectionality & Social Justice was intentionally developed to speak to the “what” and “how” to hold space, attune, and be present with all people maximizing the healing experience as a tool to disallow oppression while acknowledging privilege and dismantling dominance ensuring all persons have access to care. “We don’t just clean up the mess, we stop the trauma before it happens.” Dr. David Grand, February 1, 2021.
Who is this training for?
Trainings are open to all counselors, psychologists, social workers and others in the healing professions with strong clinical backgrounds, as well as students/interns in the mental health field who are curious and seek to expand their knowledge.
Objectives of training:
1. Apply intersectionality & social justice concepts internationally in the Brainspotting frame consistent with global decolonization and Brainspotting anti-oppresion model.
2. Discuss how to increase awareness and demonstrate the theory of Brainspotting as an anti-oppression/liberation model.
3. Analyze operational definitions for intersectionality, marginalization, social justice and what that means in the Brainspotting frame.
4. Explain what it means to acknowledge “all of me”, all of an individual’s identity per client’s experience and self-identification.
5. Identify an awareness of social justice as it pertains to the “isms” from an intersectionality perspective and how that impacts the Brainspotting frame.
6. Demonstrate and apply fundamental concepts of Brainspotting through an intersectionality and social justice frame to include the Uncertainty Principle, Dual Attunement, Limbic Countertransference, and staying in the tail of the comet while maximizing the healing potential during session exploring marginalized compliance as it relates to neurobiology.
7. Practice integration of intersectionality & social justice ideology in Brainspotting setups being mindful of nuances consistent with marginalization.
8. Discuss how Dr. Grand’s theory, From Contraction to Expansion will be used to show unlimited possibility from an Intersectionality & Social Justice perspective.
9. Apply the dual attunement frame which includes relational and neurobiological attunement
10. Utilize the components of Brainspotting
11. Tell about the techniques of Inside Window, Outside Window, Gazespotting, Contraction to expansion and Resource Brainspotting
12. Describe how Brainspotting can be applied to Trauma, Dissociation, Sports Psychology, Somatic conditions, Intersectionality and Social Justice
13. Identify how Brainspotting can be integrated into every treatment model.
14. Demonstrate the theories and practices of Brainspotting
15. Describe how the processing in Brainspotting is facilitated by observing sequential internal experience
16. Utilize BSP immediately with clients and increase Dual Attunement with an expanded understanding of the Uncertainty Principle.
Early Registration: (Register by 9/1/21) $745
Standard Registration: (Register 9/2/21- 10/1/21) $795
Late Registration: (Register 10/2/21 - 10/12/21 ) $845
Registration for Full-Time Students only in an accredited program: $450
For questions, please contact Tracy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment Arrangement Available: $350 Deposit with remainder due by 10/1/2021.
Terms & Conditions
Refunds are only given under special circumstances or in case of emergency and must be cleared by the Brainspotting Trainings organization before given. Trainers do not decide the circumstances that merit a full refund. However, if you are unable to attend, your payment can also be held and applied to the next Brainspotting training given by Tracy Monroy at any date/location that is convenient for you.
Through August 1, 2021: We will issue a full refund (less $50 processing fee)
August 2 to September 10, 2021: We will issue a refund of half your purchase price (less $50 processing fee)
After September 11, 2021: No refund issued. You may attend another training within the year.
October 15, 2021 (10 am - 7 pm EST)
October 17, 2021 (10 am - 7 pm EST)
Early Bird: $745
Brainspotting: Intersectionality & Social Justice
Training Agenda https://gracecommunitycounseling.com/training-agenda
CE Language http://gracecommunitycounseling.com/ce-language
“I have personally attended Tracy’s Social Justice and Intersectionality Training and have found it extremely educational and guiding to me in my practice and my personal life. I highly encourage any and all to attend. Tracy’s training is a feeding of the brain, a warming of the heart and a cleansing of the soul for Brainspotting therapists looking to expand their anti-racism quotient.”
Founder and Developer of Brainspotting
"This is not another cultural competency training. It goes beyond by providing experiential opportunities to heal our oppressed wounds and embody cultural humility. The Uncertainty Principle, Staying in the Tail of the Comet and Dual Attunement are not needed just for our clients, but to heal systemic oppression in our society. I got to see this more clearly in this training as I worked with both my oppressed and privileged identities that intersect within me.
I think it’s time we acknowledge social oppression as a mental disorder and Brainspotting is well positioned as an anti-oppression, liberation model to provide the healing and change needed. If you believe in Social Justice, hold privilege in some way and are wondering what you can do to make a difference, then consider taking this class."
"I highly recommend this training, it was impactful in so many positive ways."
"Brainspotting: Intersectionality & Social Justice was intentionally developed to speak to the “what” and “how” to hold space, attune, and be present with all people maximizing the healing experience as a tool to disallow oppression while acknowledging privilege and dismantling dominance ensuring all persons have access. Besides the basic classes. The most important class for me so far. Thank you, Traci for a life changing experience!"
Baika Andrea Heaton
All of me, all of you clinician, covered!
Tracy Monroy, LPC Interviews Dr. Grand about BSP: Intersectionality & Social Justice, A Collaboration...