Grace Community Counseling & Social Services, LLC
By attending this Brainspotting Training, I understand and agree to the below terms and conditions.
- Confidentiality: This training is delivered using a PowerPoint presentation, live/online demonstrations, and practicums during which attendees will be working with their own personal material. All personal and clinical information is to be kept confidential and may not be shared elsewhere. Treat the personal information of others with the same respect which you would expect for yourself.
- Online platform. It is understood that:
- Possible Misunderstandings due to the lack of nonverbal cues normally present with in-person teaching, technology-assisted teaching is prone to possible misunderstandings and clarification will be requested when necessary.
- Privacy Breaches. Technology-assisted teaching utilizes a large number of outside resources and companies (internet and software providers, public utilities, etc). All these entities are prone to their own security risks.
- Competency: Treating trauma requires specific training in the nature of trauma, its effects on the brain and body, establishing and maintaining safety, and much more. This is not a course on trauma and trauma treatment, and this course does not make you a trauma therapist if you are not one already. Rather, it teaches an effective tool to add to your treatment repertoire. You are responsible for your own professional development in this area.
- Responsibility. This course uses demonstrations and practicums to develop participants’ understanding of Brainspotting and its clinical applications. This course is intended for education and professional development. It is not designed or intended to be for the attendee’s personal therapy, nor for clinical supervision. If you find that you are emotionally activated during practice sessions, please do speak to a trainer or assistant, and of course, do what you need to regulate yourself. If participants need additional support or input following this course, this is not the responsibility of the trainers nor of Brainspotting Training, LLC.
- Volunteers and Practicum Process. My participation in volunteering for demonstration and/or practicums is to help myself and others learn the material. I understand this is not therapy and not intended to replace therapy. As a volunteer, I agree to have others learn from my personal experience.
- Scope of Practice. This course is available to licensed mental health professionals who are members of a professional regulating body, and to trainees in those professions. It is your responsibility to work at all times within the scope of practice of your own discipline.
All content found published by Grace Community Counseling & Social Services, LLC including: text, images, audio, or other formats were created for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for medical or psychiatric advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a licensed practitioner or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical or psychiatric condition. Never disregard professional medical and psychiatric advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor, go to the emergency department, or call 911 immediately.
Reliance on any information provided by Grace Community Counseling & Social Services, LLC, Grace Community Counseling & Social Services employees, contracted experts or medical and psychiatric professionals presenting content for publication to Grace Community Counseling & Social Services is solely at your own risk.
By consuming and implementing any content created by Grace Community Counseling & Social Services, you acknowledge that you are not entering a therapeutic nor medical relationship with any expert..